The IPA6800+D IP video gateway module is an extension of the comprehensive set of line cards in the 6800+™ modular platform.
The IPA6800+D links traditional ASI-based video plants with modern Gigabit Ethernet networks and provides a cost-effective alternative to expensive satellite-based ASI links.
Take advantage of an existing Gigabit Ethernet network by transporting com-pressed signals from a satellite receiver or encoder simultaneously to multiple locations over a wide area network (WAN), and reverse the process at the other end with the same card.
Share or pass through single or multiple program streams over IP, and have the extra protection of Pro MPEG COP-3 forward error correction (FEC) to guard against network shortcomings.
- Bidirectional transmission of ASI to and from IP
- Two independent transmit and receive channels
- Simultaneously send or receive in either direction without interference
- Add forward error correction (FEC) for robust data transmission
- Transmit or receive IP unicast or multicast video streams
- Control using CCS™ Protocol and over IP
- Encapsulate up to two ASI streams and transmit them over IP
- De-encapsulate ASI streams from an IP transport